• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231419 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
The 1st Bank was built for minor league hockey and maybe basketball so as far as the architecture inside, yeah it's not all fancy like the old school theaters. The hockey thing was a bust but I think for concerts that place is second to none for a 5k person capacity venue. I've heard rumors of this jail but luckily have not seen it live. I'd think you would have to be pretty blantantly stupid to be thrown in there anyway, I've smoked and smoked in there right in front of event staff and have never had any issues, so people must have been getting busted for being stupid. Remember this is Broomfield not Denver or Boulder so the suburban cops are a little less understanding of us hippies if you know what I mean.

The last show I saw in the Mammoth was Pantera and the place literally got destroyed. Seriously, drinking fountains were ripped from the walls and shit like that. When they remodeled it and called it the Fillmore something changed with that place .... believe me, I saw some killer shows in the old Mammoth.

Broomfield (county) is temporarily banning marijuana businisses. That is all.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by strangerinboulder.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#231431 1 year, 2 months ago
Just for the fun of it I looked into Glastonbury tickets. Tickets for that are so tight, not only do you have to reserve your order for them 9 months in advance, they cost 270 Pounds (about $405), AND they come with your PHOTO (passport quality only accepted) on them to ensure that only the person the ticket was bought for goes in on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#231465 1 year, 2 months ago
1st Bank Warning
There were people getting thrown in their in-house jail by security guards before the show even began a few years ago for fungus and whatever they could witness happening. People were just standin' around on the floor being low key about it and the guards were slappin' people in there for whatever they saw, sayin' they were going back out into the crowd to snag someone else. There are some of us that will go to Red Rocks, no problem, but when it comes to the 1st Bank, they will not go. I would rather see them at McNichols than in Broomfield any day.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#231470 1 year, 2 months ago
I also would like them to play in Golden Gate Park for the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#231498 1 year, 2 months ago
The Greek Berkeley - never been and would be awesome, but I'm still waiting for Starlight in KC!

Now, taking into consideration routing, this could be a true Midwest run -

Friday - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN

Saturday - Free concert in Grant Park - Chicago - or if they must charge then either Chicago Theater or Charter One.

Monday - Fox Theater - St Louis

Tuesday - Starlight Theater - Kansas City

Thursday thru Sunday - A Furthur Festival at Mulberry Mountain - Arkansas - mulberrymountainlodge.com/

Could continue into following week with Zoo Ampitheatre (Oklahoma City), Zilker Park - free show (Austin), New Orleans, etc.

Just my thoughts.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, Wundurland, ChefArugula
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#231507 1 year, 2 months ago
I do not know if this one has been mentioned: Central Park NYC- Free Gig w/ The Empire State Building in tie-die colors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#231509 1 year, 2 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
How about a show in New Orleans? Don't think anyones mentioned that. Not sure if there's a venue large enough (aside from the Super dome). What a fun town it is, just right for this crowd, and they can certainly take care of a bunch of out of towners. And a little love for our southern brethren. .

New Orleans! Yeah man, I believe the last time gd played in New Orleans was 10-18-88 at University of New Orleans Lake Front Arena (LFO), that place is awesome, right next to a park on Lake Pontchartrain. Good times on Bourbon St. ensue. This was a weird leg of that tour that not only visited New Orleans, but right after visited Houston, and Dallas as well. YeeHaaw

arena.uno.edu/building_info_overview.aspx Check it out, this place can hold up to 10,000 or downsize to 3,000. Furthur, come back here!

Well Furthur has never been here, but Phil and Bob have so please return!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by SugarMee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231657 1 year, 2 months ago
SugarMee wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
How about a show in New Orleans? Don't think anyones mentioned that. Not sure if there's a venue large enough (aside from the Super dome). What a fun town it is, just right for this crowd, and they can certainly take care of a bunch of out of towners. And a little love for our southern brethren. .

New Orleans! Yeah man, I believe the last time gd played in New Orleans was 10-18-88 at University of New Orleans Lake Front Arena (LFO), that place is awesome, right next to a park on Lake Pontchartrain. Good times on Bourbon St. ensue. This was a weird leg of that tour that not only visited New Orleans, but right after visited Houston, and Dallas as well. YeeHaaw

arena.uno.edu/building_info_overview.aspx Check it out, this place can hold up to 10,000 or downsize to 3,000. Furthur, come back here!

Well Furthur has never been here, but Phil and Bob have so please return!!

Furthur in New Orleans would be a hit for anyone who made the trip. That's one of the best cities in the U.S. And a party town? It is 365 days a year.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#231766 1 year, 2 months ago
The Warfield?
kfender
Gold Boarder

#231771 1 year, 2 months ago
karenrose wrote:
Gelston was alot of fun! BAAAD traffic situation, tho...
Google maps actually lead us in the back way so we encountered no traffic at all.Made a nice easy getaway too.Loved Gelston Castle!Really cool venue!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
Time to create page: 1.03 seconds