• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231777 1 year, 9 months ago
I think they should book a 900- 1500 capacity boat and have cruise style gig around the Maine coast. Maybe with some supporting acts. It would have to be in the summer of course but lots of towns around here have the capacity for cruise ships to port and there are a lot of state and fed owned islands that we could explore. Not to mention seals and whales and the most beautiful coast in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#231779 1 year, 9 months ago
I've been to Maine, and lots of various coasts around the world. Nothing beats the Oregon coast for me.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#231791 1 year, 9 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
1st Bank Warning
There were people getting thrown in their in-house jail by security guards before the show even began a few years ago for fungus and whatever they could witness happening. People were just standin' around on the floor being low key about it and the guards were slappin' people in there for whatever they saw, sayin' they were going back out into the crowd to snag someone else. There are some of us that will go to Red Rocks, no problem, but when it comes to the 1st Bank, they will not go. I would rather see them at McNichols than in Broomfield any day.

C'mon McNichols?? Really?? I've been to the first Bank for dozens of concerts beyond Furthur and have never seen this jail or had any issues at all. Of course I'm not walking around the floor slinging mushrooms either but still ... I don't not believe you since I've heard this from others (I'm sure there are busts and all) but it's also not anywhere as shady as you make it out to be. Don't scare all the visitors I personally stand by that place 100%. If you're selling drugs and get popped, well then I don't know what to tell ya...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#231795 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
1st Bank Warning
There were people getting thrown in their in-house jail by security guards before the show even began a few years ago for fungus and whatever they could witness happening. People were just standin' around on the floor being low key about it and the guards were slappin' people in there for whatever they saw, sayin' they were going back out into the crowd to snag someone else. There are some of us that will go to Red Rocks, no problem, but when it comes to the 1st Bank, they will not go. I would rather see them at McNichols than in Broomfield any day.

C'mon McNichols?? Really?? I've been to the first Bank for dozens of concerts beyond Furthur and have never seen this jail or had any issues at all. Of course I'm not walking around the floor slinging mushrooms either but still ... I don't not believe you since I've heard this from others (I'm sure there are busts and all) but it's also not anywhere as shady as you make it out to be. Don't scare all the visitors I personally stand by that place 100%. If you're selling drugs and get popped, well then I don't know what to tell ya...

Did someone mention that my friend was slinging? Because he wasn't, he was eating, not that kind of friend anyway. You don't believe me, and you've heard it from others, that seems more reason to be cautious. This happened 2 years ago and I didn't hear anything happening last year, so hopefully they have lightened up.
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#231797 1 year, 9 months ago
Hult center Or.
OCF Vaneeta Or.
The Gorge Wa.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#231812 1 year, 9 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
1st Bank Warning

Did someone mention that my friend was slinging? Because he wasn't, he was eating, not that kind of friend anyway. You don't believe me, and you've heard it from others, that seems more reason to be cautious. This happened 2 years ago and I didn't hear anything happening last year, so hopefully they have lightened up.

Ok I used a confusing double negative. I should have simply written that I believe you. But again, if ya get popped for slinging, selling, holding or eating drugs then I don't know what to tell ya...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Denver Man.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#231834 1 year, 9 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
I've been to Maine, and lots of various coasts around the world. Nothing beats the Oregon coast for me.

I have never seen the Oregon coast from out on the water like I have the Maine coast but I like all the islands around here.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by B-Rad.
Chester
More or less in line

#231836 1 year, 9 months ago
I'll throw this up again. I would still love to see Furthur come back to Rochester to play the Highland bowl.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, karenrose
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#231848 1 year, 9 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
RowTimmy wrote:
Ventura county fairgrounds, or Id take the Greek in Berkley.

Saw them there in '83, + '87. Great place. A little on the dusty side though. Ventura that is.

I was there in 83 also. Its the only place you can take a dip in the ocean during set break.
Went to dinner after the show and sat at table next to Jerry and his peeps. We were actually warned about "undesirables" prior to being seated only to find out it was Jerry and pals. I think it was his birthday if I remember.

Good story!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#232198 1 year, 9 months ago
Since New Orleans has been mentioned, I'd like to share this link with a bit of interesting theater history of that city. Some of it made me laugh, and it just goes to show there's nothing new under the sun.

www.storyvilledistrictnola.com/theatres.html
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds