• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
whatdah
Junior Boarder
Posts:74

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231034 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
If Furthur's venue trend continues toward smaller places, then they should play the Mishawaka ... talk about a traffic jam! It would be awesome though ... Or one of the ski towns ... Widespread has done Keystone, Winter Park and Snowmass ... hint hint Jazz Aspen Snowmass over Labor Day would be fuggin the bomb!

I don't think Furthur would even come close to selling enough tickets to make the Gorge worth it. (To them anyway).


or State Bridge up along the Colorado River. +/-700 capacity. DSO, RR Earth, Stringdusters played there the past couple of years. Very cool place.

www.statebridge.com/

Or the Ford Amphitheater in Vail. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you all laughing. 2500 capacity. Mule played there last summer. Dylan has played there. Beautiful venue.

www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&...amp;tx=121&ty=39
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7483
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231053 1 year, 6 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
If Furthur's venue trend continues toward smaller places, then they should play the Mishawaka ... talk about a traffic jam! It would be awesome though ... Or one of the ski towns ... Widespread has done Keystone, Winter Park and Snowmass ... hint hint Jazz Aspen Snowmass over Labor Day would be fuggin the bomb!

I don't think Furthur would even come close to selling enough tickets to make the Gorge worth it. (To them anyway).

When do tickets go on sale? The Mish would be great. How 'bout the Lefthand Brewery parking lot?


Dude that DSO show at Lefthand was a blast, I'd love for them to do that again. They just need to add about a dozen more porta potties
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Kevman
Junior Boarder
Posts:36
There is a road...no simple highway

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231066 1 year, 6 months ago
One more vote for Deer Creek. Would also like to see them come back to the Murat in Indy, the Fox in St. Louis. But I am mostly hoping for any midwest shows.

Saw them in St. Augustine, FL in summer of 2011 and that was a nice venue except for it being about 115 degrees.
kfender
Gold Boarder
Posts:983

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231077 1 year, 6 months ago
How about coming back to the Highland Park Bowl in Rochester?They had a nice 3 year run with P&F first in 08 then Ratdog in 09 and Furthur in 10.Very cool natural amphitheater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
karenrose
Gold Boarder
Posts:1194
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231079 1 year, 6 months ago
kfender wrote:
How about coming back to the Highland Park Bowl in Rochester?They had a nice 3 year run with P&F first in 08 then Ratdog in 09 and Furthur in 10.Very cool natural amphitheater.

I was just listening to the 2010 show! I was there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
karenrose
Gold Boarder
Posts:1194
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231080 1 year, 6 months ago
What say we all do a European tour...or maybe Jamaican?
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3289

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231115 1 year, 6 months ago
Bethel Woods

Sherman Theatre

Radio City Music Hall

Gelston Castle

Orpheum Theatre Boston

Red Rocks

really anywhere on the east coast is acceptable at this point
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
karenrose
Gold Boarder
Posts:1194
What a long, strange trip it's been..

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231118 1 year, 6 months ago
Gelston was alot of fun! BAAAD traffic situation, tho...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31289
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231119 1 year, 6 months ago
karenrose wrote:
What say we all do a European tour...or maybe Jamaican?

Yes, yes, yes!!! I've been sending out vibes for some kind of a Furthur beach destination!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
jodiah
Expert Boarder
Posts:838

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231126 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
karenrose wrote:
What say we all do a European tour...or maybe Jamaican?

Yes, yes, yes!!! I've been sending out vibes for some kind of a Furthur beach destination!!


I'd be down for that, but if they're not going to leave the continental U.S., I'm pushing for Florida shows for Spring. The venue in Miami is on the bay...South Beach about 5 miles away. St. Augustine is walking distance from the beach. There are venues up and down the East Coast of Florida.

And, Mid-Westerners I agree you need some love, but after the below zero temps.
Time to create page: 4.09 seconds