• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mliggett
Fresh Boarder

Bands PR Contact

#233881 1 year, 2 months ago
I'm not entirely sure if this would be the right section, but it seemed to suit this category the best -- but anyway, I am a local photographer in Colorado, and was looking to contact the group's PR contact, but upon searching the site/facebook/etc. up and down, I was unable to find a direct contact for press stuff. I was just curious if anyone knows the bands policy on this, who represents this, and who the best contact would be pertaining to media access for their shows? I know I saw a bunch of different photographers' work at Red Rocks this summer, but was unable to reach anyone following the date(s) this summer to see who they contacted for this access. Any help would be extremely beneficial to me - and thanks for any direction you can send me in.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Bands PR Contact

#233944 1 year, 2 months ago
This a tough thing to do. I'm pretty sure you need to contact Furthur management directly. I've been trying
to figure out how to do the same thing. If you figure it out, let me know.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#233949 1 year, 2 months ago
The person listed as their social media promoter/photographer is Dylan Carney.

I've met him briefly, he seemed very nice. His work is also top notch.

You might try contacting him through his website. dylancarney.com/

I wouldn't hope for much though.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233977 1 year, 2 months ago
Your best bet may be to contact the venue where Furthur will be playing or the local promoter who's handling the show. One or the other will almost certainly have an in-house PR guy who can pass your request on to the band's management. You'll get a lot further if you can say your shots will be used for some kind of publication, either hard copy or online. Even a blog might be sufficient.

I wrote about music, when it was still a viable profession, for about a dozen years and this is always how it was done in my experience.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#233980 1 year, 2 months ago
I have talked to a few photog's I've run into at shows, what they had to do. First, if you are working for a publication,
and they intend to publish the photo's that is probably handled differently. But it is possible to request a "photo pass".
Which is not the same as a media pass. A photo pass does not get you into the show, or backstage, whereas it's my
understanding, a media pass will do both. Both types of passes will allow you to bring in a professional camera. But a
"photo pass", will allow you to get 3 photos in the "pit". But your welcome to walk around and take photo's elsewhere
within the venue. That's the pass I would like. Just a chance to get in there with a camera. But there are different
levels, so be aware of what your asking for. And even for a "photo pass", you have to fill out some paperwork, declaring
what you intend to use the photo's for. Then there are a very limited number of passes for each show. And they are
given out at the discretion of PR/Management. And I'm sure there's a fairly long list. Best of luck.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233984 1 year, 2 months ago
I think a photo pass is the best you can hope for generally. In my experience, even photographers for the top daily papers in the area rarely got more than that. Wider access like backstage is a much tougher nut to crack for bigger bands like Furthur. It largely depends on who you know, not who you work for.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#233986 1 year, 2 months ago
Thanks. From my understanding, a photo pass is extremely hard to get. With just a few given out at any one show.
And most likely, hundreds of requests. It probably comes down to who you know, who can do you a favor.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233994 1 year, 2 months ago
Exactly. But you never know...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"