• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#178422 1 year, 9 months ago
By the way, LOVED Sunshine's dance moves and those videos should have them captured more haha...she was diggin it!!!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#178612 1 year, 9 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Not reading good things about Truckin' > Viola Lee Blues > Mountains of the Moon. That's too bad. Viola in Chicago is beyond trite at this point, but I like that grouping. Mountains of the Moon is a song this band can take to other worlds.
I'm not certain where I read such nonsense, but I believe it was the PhilZone. Some talk of messiness and pushing a square into a circle slot. I finally had a chance to hear it. The stop-dime transition from Truckin' into Viola was sharp. The triptych melding was fine, fine work. Mountains wasn't their best version, but it was a nice one indeed. Folks are calling that "new" Viola jam to be Cumberland-like, but I'm hearing something else. Right on the tip of my tongue, too. Synaptic misfires and mild frustration as I try to pin it down. It'll come to me when I'm not thinking about it; like seeing a familiar face and not being able to place it until the struggle has been forgotten.

and this is a nice sounding recording (too bad the 1st set escaped them):
archive.org/details/Furthur2012-07-17.Furthur2012-07-17
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#178631 1 year, 9 months ago
[quote="ZenoMarx" post=178612]ZenoMarx wrote:
Folks are calling that "new" Viola jam to be Cumberland-like, but I'm hearing something else. Right on the tip of my tongue, too.

Grateful Dead's version of Maggie's Farm, perhaps?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#178677 1 year, 9 months ago
I judt relistened to the show and cought that cumberland-esque jam, but another one that almost got by me was in the Mountains of the Moon there was a jam that sounded a lot like Low Spark and I think that would be a cool breakout.
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds